Thank you for Volunteering to be the Manager for your team this season.
You are a pivotal role within the Grimshaw Minor Hockey organization and are contributing to the success of your team.
Season Start Up
- Plan to have a meeting between yourself, head coach and assistant coaches ASAP to discuss duties, expectations, plans for the season and philosophy of how the team will be run.
- Discuss with Coaches expectations of Parents in the dressing room before and after games/practices.
- Decide how to communicate with your team - TEAM SNAP, RAMP TEAM APP, EMAIL, ect.
- Organize a Parent/Coaches meeting after the first or second practice. Send out an agenda- Sample Agenda
- Address whether or not your team will be ordering team apparel
- Discuss fundraising. Fundraising raffles require a lottery license from Alberta Gaming and Liquor contact our fundraising coordinator
- Establish the Chain of Communication with your team (Parent - Manager - Coach) with the 24 hr rule.
- Decide how many tournaments to enter. Typically teams will do 1 travel tournament, and 1 local tournament.
- All Coaches, trainers and anyone on the floor to help will need appropriate coaching requirements.
- Assign Volunteer roles (some suggested roles: first aid, box officials - 2 for each game, tournament liaison, and fundraiser coordinator - These are NOT association credited)
- Assign Jersey #’s to players. You can do based on size or jersey # requests
- Ensure that medical forms are filled out, and keep a copy with you at all times. It is also recommended that a second set of forms be kept with the Coaches. Review medical sheets and watch for players with allergies or other medical conditions and make Coaches aware.Medical Form
- To save time at games do up roster stickers for game sheets. Players are to be listed in numerical order, with Goalies being first. Gamesheet Label
- Any exemptions or release forms keep with both sets of medical sheets